Good design is more than beautification, it’s problem solving, & it’s what I love.
Creating unique brands for unique Bay Area businesses that make things and make change, I work with people and organizations who are passionate about what they do and who believe in the power of good design. Often they have a lot to say, but struggle to reach their audience. I can help by translate your awesomeness to your audience.
I’ll become a member of your team. I’ll listen to you, learn about your goals, and discover what makes you special. I’ll distill that — clearly and beautifully, to create appealing materials that inspires your audience to act.
Schedule a 30-minute consultation (its on me).
“Arin Fishkin is a versatile designer and artist who has experience creating everything from logos, to print designs, and even website designs. An avid believer in sustainability and someone with an affinity for working with local small businesses and startups, … Few in the Bay Area can match Fishkin’s combination of artistic talent and design sense, making her a truly one-stop shop for your design needs.” – The Art Career Project’s list of Bay Area Designers on Everyone’s Radar in 2013
Press, Award & Publishing
- SF Weekly’s profile on my work for Burning Man and my talk from the TYPO SF Conference
- Elizabeth O’Neill Voices logo, won a 2015 Silver Summit International Award, The Burning Man Calendar won a 2015 Silver Summit International Award and the Burning Man Survival Guide won a Bronze Summit International Award.
- Mailbox Tees logo is featured in the LogoLounge book Animals and Mythology.
- Six-Word Memoirs logo is featured in LogoLounge’s Typography & Enclosures.
- Black Rock Solar logo is featured in I Heart Logos book season 3.
- Burning Man Network logo is featured in LogoLounge Volume 8.
- Black Rock Solar print work won a 2013 Summit International Award for Green Marketing Collateral.
- Designs for the Burning Man calendar and the Bi-Rite Family of Businesses brochure each won a 2010 Communicator Awards Award of Distinction.
- Photos have been selected for inclusion in the Schmap San Francisco Guide.
- Winner of the 2009 San Francisco’s Finest photo contest.
- Web and brand designer for M5, telecom company acquired by ShoreTel for 160 million dollars.
- Web and brand designer of Dogster.com. Awards include: Webby award for Community, People’s Choice award SXSW Interactive Conference!, and Time Magazine site of the year. Dogster was recently acquired by Say Media.
- My Burning Man Metropolis poster guest stars in The New Girl.
- Artwork created for the set of the James Franco’s film, Cherry – filmed at the San Francisco armory.
- Burning Man Metropolis ticket design was features on SFist and The J weekly.
- I’m the featured web designer in You Can Do It! The Merit Badge Handbook for Grown-Up Girls,
published by Chronicle Books.
RE: Save The Date Cards
“I’m looking at one right now. The box just arrived. Bravo. This is the best looking piece of print I’ve seen come out of this agency in years.
It’s simple, unpretentious, with just a slight amount of sizzle. It looks contemporary and fresh.
-Jim Huntley, Director of Advancement, Berkeley Food and Housing Project
“Arin is delightfully creative and expert, fun to work with, and you can rely on her to find a solution to any challenge.”
-Dale Larson, Founder San Francisco App Studio
“Arin is an alchemical genius. She can take a bunch of ugly Word docs and less-than-appealing photos and create designed pieces that make you go, “How’d she do that?” On top of all of the awesome professional skills Arin has, she’s also a ridiculously nice person and a font of useful information about everything from paint colors to where to get a custom dress made. I’m crazy about Arin.”
-Laura Scholes, Managing Editor at Storyhouse Communications
“It is always a pleasure to work with Arin – she possesses the ability to turn vaguely-defined assignments and extremely broad conceptual thoughts (my specialties) into polished work that is visually appealing and effective, while being cost-effective as well.”
– Anders Porter, Director of Social Media at Fair Oaks Farms
“Arin is a terrific designer who understands how to work with start ups and emerging brands. Arin bent over backward to turn out high quality work under tight deadlines, and proved to be extremely flexible. When I was VP of Marketing at a start up smoothie company, we hired an agency to create our brand and design our packaging, etc. Once that foundation was in place, we worked with Arin to apply the brand look and feel to all of our materials – our website, sell sheets and other marketing collateral, banner ads, print ads, static cling stickers, event tents, tradeshow booths, you name it. She does great work and I highly recommend her.”
-Lynn Graham, Founder and VP of LightFull Foods, Founder and CEO of Beekeeper Marketing
“Arin created a brand for us that is distinctive, compelling, and communicates our message well. She’s great to work with, patient, and very creative. I can’t really think of anything, actually, that doesn’t work well about our partnership–highly recommended.”
-Tom Price, Executive Director and Black Rock Solar
“When I needed someone to create perhaps the single most important piece of design in my company’s history to date—a logo for the Six-Word Memoir project—Arin Fishkin is the person I called. In my world, there’s no stronger endorsement I know how to give. I’ve been seeking Arin’s advice on SMITHmag.net’s branding on both a macro and micro level since I launched my company in 2006. She’s helped me answer the questions as to the “big picture” of my design needs, and executed specific designs over the years. Her work is creative and always comes in on time.”
-Larry Smith, Founder and Editor at Smith Magazine