I'm Arin Fishkin, an independant graphic designer who creates unique and accessible brands for startups, sustainable businesses and non-profits. I work with clients that inspire me, and become a committed part of their team. I listen carefully to the unique needs of each client to provide an impactful custom solution.
Clients love working with me, read what they have to say here.
The Good Stuff...
The Art Career Project's list of Bay Area Designers on Everyone's Radar in 2013: "With a formal education in art and design not just from the University of Michigan but also the San Francisco Art Institute, Arin Fishkin is a versatile designer and artist who has experience creating everything from logos, to print designs, and even website designs. An avid believer in sustainability and someone with an affinity for working with local small businesses and startups, Fishkin has worked with everyone from Burning Man to the Women’s Foundation of California. Few in the Bay Area can match Fishkin’s combination of artistic talent and design sense, making her a truly one-stop shop for your design needs."
• The Mailbox Tees logo is featured in the LogoLounge book Animals and Mythology.
• The Six-Word Memoirs logo is featured in LogoLounge's Typography & Enclosures.
• The Black Rock Solar logo is featured in I Heart Logos book season 3.
• The Burning Man Project logo has been selected to appear in the upcoming LogoLounge Volume 8.
• Photos have been selected for inclusion in the Schmap San Francisco Guide.
• Winner of the 2009 San Francisco's Finest photo contest.
• My Black Rock Solar print work won a 2013 Summit International Award for Green Marketing Collateral.
• My designs for the Burning Man calendar and the Bi-Rite Family of Businesses brochure each won a 2010 Communicator Awards Award of Distinction.
Over 10 years ago I designed a unique logo for M5 Networks, a telecom startup. This year M5 (and our logo) was successfully acquired by ShoreTel for 160 million dollars. Additionally, I'm proud to be the original designer of the award winning Dogster.com. Awards include: Webby award for Community, People's Choice award SXSW Interactive Conference!, and a Time Magazine site of the year, congratulations to Dogster who was recently acquired by Say Media.
My 2010 Burning Man poster guest stars in The New Girl, in Zooey Deschanel's living room (peek). Let me know if you see it! I've also created artwork to be featured on the set of the James Franco film, Cherry - filmed at the San Francisco armory.
Read about my Burning Man ticket design on SFist or J weekly. Or read it here.
I'm the featured web designer in You Can Do It! The Merit Badge Handbook for Grown-Up Girls, published by Chronicle Books.
I've signed the Designer's Accord and I'm sincerely committed to integrating sustainability into design. That means working with recycled stock, soy inks, local printers (with solar power), minimizing paper and waste, increasing awareness and educating clients on best practices.
The Back Story...
I studied at university of michigan school of art and the san francisco art institute.
My studio is in the Mission, San Francisco, and I love working with local small businesses, healthy food companies, non-profits, green energy businesses and creating brands for startups.